(A) Our complaints policy
We are committed to providing a high quality legal service to all clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it and this will help us to maintain and improve our standards.
(B) Our complaints procedure
If you have a complaint please contact Saul Marine with the details.
What will happen next?
- Saul Marine will write to you acknowledging your complaint asking you to confirm and/or explain the details. As Principal of the firm, Saul Marine will at all times deal with your complaint. You can expect to receive a letter within 2 days of your complaint being received. In that letter, Saul Marine will confirm what will happen next. If Saul Marine is absent from the office, you will be advised of the date of his return in the letter and the following deadlines will apply following his return.
- Your complaint will be recorded in our central register and a file will be opened for your complaint. This will be done on the day we receive your complaint.
- Your complaint will begin to be investigated immediately. This will involve the following steps:
- Saul Marine will consider your complaint again and send you a detailed reply or invite you to a meeting to discuss the matter within 10 days of your complaint. This time period will apply even though someone else may have acted for you and Saul Marine will discuss with them your complaint in order to respond to you within the 10 day period.
- If a meeting is required, then within 2 days of the meeting Saul Marine will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions that have been agreed during the meeting
- If upon receipt of a detailed reply or once you have attended the meeting and Saul Marine has written to you, you are still not satisfied, then please let Saul Marine know. Saul Marine will then arrange to review his decision in the following way.
- Saul Marine will review the decision within 5 days.
- Saul Marine will let you know the result of his decision within 5 days after the end of the review and at this time he will write to you confirm his final position on your complaint explaining his reasoning.
- You are also however, entitled to ask the Legal Ombudsman is PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ telephone number : 0300 555 0333 (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) to become involved at the end of our complaints procedure if you are unhappy with the outcome. You will have a maximum time period of 6 months from the termination of our internal complaints procedure to ask the Legal Ombudsman to become involved in the complaint.
- Finally, if any of the time scales set out in our Complaints Procedure are required to be altered we will advise you accordingly with our explanation.