Clients will need advice as to Wills particularly if they have remarried or have young children. Husband and wives often need a Will with similar provisions of protection in the event of early death or one-party predeceasing the other.

Court of Protection

We often have to advise clients in situations where their loved one has no lasting power of attorney or where their loved one has lost mental capacity (“the Patient”). In that case an application may be required to be made to the Court of Protection for the appointment of a Deputy to manage the affairs of the Patient or where the Patient has not made a Will or their existing Will requires changes for a Statutory Will to be approved by the Court.

Trust Work

Clients will occasionally need advice where property is held in trust for a minor child or where they want to hold property on trust.

Probate and Administration of Estates

We will act in situations where a Grant of Probate or Letters of Administration are required in the case of a Will or if there is no Will and where there is an intestacy.

Lasting Powers of Attorney

In situations where one party may be losing mental capacity but still has capacity we will prepare lasting powers of attorney which can assist in property sales through the attorney. We will also conduct a mental capacity assessment if appropriate before any lasting power of attorney is prepared.

Our Fees